Almost everyone has home insurance that includes cover known as legal protection. Legal protection can be used for many different kinds of dispute. If you cannot use the legal protection under your home insurance, the State may grant legal aid in certain cases. You pay a legal aid fee which is fixed on the basis of your income.

Your attorney can assist you when applying for legal protection or legal aid.


The Swedish Bar Association’s Consumer Disputes Committee considers disputes resulting from services that an attorney has provided to a consumer. If you are dissatisfied with the service rendered and have not managed to reach an agreement with your attorney, you may refer to the Swedish Bar Association’s Consumer Disputes Committee.

The contact details for the Consumer Disputes Committee are as follows:

Postal address: Box 27321, 102 54 Stockholm, SWEDEN

en_GBEnglish (UK)


We process personal data in the course of our activities. Advokatbyrå Berg is the Controller of personal data we receive concerning contact persons in conjunction with assignments or that is otherwise processed when an assignment is being prepared or administered. Although you are not obliged to provide us with personal data, we cannot undertake assignments without this as we would be unable to perform the necessary conflict of interest and money laundering checks.

We process this data to perform the mandatory conflict of interest and money laundering checks, to perform and administer the assignment, to protect your interests and also for reporting and invoicing purposes. This data is processed on the basis of it being necessary to enable us to perform our assignment and also so that we can comply with the Swedish Bar Association’s professional legal practice standards and fulfil our other legal obligations.

The data may also be used for business and methods development, market analysis, statistics and risk management. The data processed with a view to developing and analysing the business is processed on the basis of our legitimate interest in developing the business and communicating with our contacts.

Personal data may be transferred to another law office with a view to performing conflict of interest and money laundering checks, for the exchange of information and knowledge and for resource allocation. We will not disclose personal data to outsiders except when: (i) this has been specially agreed between our law offices and yourself; (ii) it is necessary to protect your rights within the framework of a certain assignment; (iii) it is necessary to enable us to comply with a statutory obligation or an official or judicial decision; or (iv) in the event that we engage external service providers to perform an assignment on our behalf. The data may be disclosed to courts, public authorities, other parties and the representatives of other parties if this is necessary to protect your rights.

The personal data is saved in accordance with the obligation imposed on Advokatfirman Berg according to Vägledande regler för god advokatsed (Guidelines for the ethical standards of Swedish attorneys) for a period of ten years from the date of completion of a matter, or for a longer period if warranted owing to the nature of the matter.

You have the right to ask for information free of charge from Advokatfirman Berg about the use of personal data relating to you. We will rectify or erase data that is incorrect or restrict the processing of such data at your request or on our own initiative. You also have the right to ask for your data not to be processed for direct marketing purposes. Furthermore, you have the right to obtain part of your personal data in a machine-readable format or, if technical feasible, to have this data transferred to a third party nominated by you.

If you are dissatisfied with our processing, you can make a complaint to a supervisory authority, which in Sweden is the Swedish Authority for Privacy Protection (IMY) ( You can also refer to the supervisory authority in the country in which you are living or Du kan också vända dig till tillsynsmyndigheten i det land där du bor eller arbetar.